Saturday, November 1, 2014

December 12, 2014

Final Lesson (12/12/14)

For my final lesson with the class I wanted to tie in subjects we had learned about in the past lessons.

Warm Up:
In our warm up today we used the very same warm up that I did in my first lesson-- One, Two, Buckle My Shoe. I reminded students that we had done it in the first lesson because we were learning about rhymes.

Activity #1:
For this activity I had a foam snowflake I showed the class. I pointed out how the holes in the snowflake were like little windows and showed the students how we could have windows of space with our bodies (negative space). I broke up the class into two groups. The first group made shapes that had lots of windows in them. The second group danced as the music was playing and when I stopped it they found a friend who was making a shape and looked through the windows their classmates had made.
Another way I used the snowflakes was by asking different types of ways that snowflakes could move that were similar to dance: they can float fast or slow, they can freeze, they can travel different places or settle somewhere. They are also unique, just like every students is unique!









Activity #2:
Snowman Poem:
I found a little poem online that had a picture of a snowman. We pointed out the different shapes in the snowman before I read the poem aloud and we found the dancing words. Students were quite creative!

Conclusion:
I had such a wonderful time teaching Mrs. Rigby's class. I hope they learned a lot from it! I know that they had fun and I did as well! It was a wonderful experience and I miss them!


No comments:

Post a Comment